Kai and Daddy at Build-A-Bear
Everyone keeps asking how Kai is doing. Well, the first three weeks went pretty smooth. Lamarr is doing an awesome job as Mr. Mom as well as juggling 2 jobs and visiting me at the hospital. He has been taking Kai to do fun things like in the picture above Kai, Lamarr, Auntie Cenne, Auntie DD and Tana went to Build-A-Bear. He has also taken her to some more of her favorites (Target, Toys R Us, the Disney Store, etc.). He has tried his best to keep her on her schedule too. The lengthy time in the hospital is starting to get to her now. When she is here she is fine but when she is home she is giving daddy a hard time. We have noticed that there is a little more acting out (a.k.a. tantrums) and she has picked up the nervous habit of biting on the collar of her t-shirt or her sleeves. This is so hard. I feel like I am trying to balance the mental health of one child vs. the physical health of the two others. The only thing that is keeping me sane is knowing that Kai is a very resiliant girl and she will bounce back from this with no problems. A year from now she will barely remember this experience. She has bonded with Lamarr even more than ever before and she knows she can count on mommy or daddy equally to meet her needs. We also have such a great support system. All of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. have jumped in to help. We are SO BLESSED to have this support. Thank you all.
Lamarr is hanging in there...my HERO! I know he is exhausted but he'll never admit. Even when I find him falling asleep sitting straight up in the uncomfortable chairs when he comes to visit lol!!!! On top of everything else he is also running all the errands I can't run while in here. All the while not complaining (at least not to me lol!). He is also pretty worried...another thing he will NEVER admit. I love hime so much and I know this journey has brought us even closer. I can't wait for things to somewhat get back to normal so I can help out and he can get a break. I know we have a long way to go until that happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment