Kamryn all ready to go home.
Nurse Sarah walking Kamryn out.
Kai meets Kamryn for the first time.
First Jackson 5 Family Photo
I got the call yesterday…Kamryn is ready to come home. Praise God!!! She has been brady free for 9 days, off the nasal cannula for 8 days and has fully weaned from the diuretic with no complications. I think that is the best call I have ever gotten. G-mama stayed with Kai and Kennedy while Lamarr and I went to pick up Kamryn. On the way there we were calculating random things and learned that we have spent 102 days at the Women and Children’s Center and have driven over 4,000 miles roundtrip for visits during my inpatient stay and visiting the girls in the NICU. Wow!!!! It was all worth it.
The discharge went really smoothly. We are old pros at it considering we just did this a few weeks ago with Kennedy. I was able to hold it all together with no tears this time…UNTIL…one of the primary nurses, Eva, said to me, “Thank you for giving us the privilege of taking care of your girls.” That was it…the waterworks were turned on. What she said was just so thoughtful. Here I was so thankful for them and at the same time they were thanking us for the opportunity to help. I will definitely miss the primary staff that took care of our girls but I would be lying if I said I weren’t so happy that we will not be seeing them on a daily basis. I can’t wait until the NICU reunion next year when we can show them how much growth and development has occurred.
When we got home Kai was just as excited to see Kamryn as she was when Kennedy came home. She sat down next to her and just stared at her. So cute! G-mama took our first family photo. The Jackson 5 all under one roof. It doesn’t get any better than this!
To the NICU Staff,
Though I know most of you will never read this blog I wouldn’t feel right not closing this post thanking all of you. You were able to do for my girls what my body couldn’t. You created a womb and nurtured my girls for the 7 and 9 weeks that they needed to develop before they were ready to come home. You provided everything they needed to survive. Words can never express how truly grateful we are. Thank you for caring so much about our babies and ALWAYS making us feel welcome no matter what time of day or night. Though I hate that any family has to have a NICU experience, I am so happy that you are all there doing what you do 24/7 to make sure that these tiny babies have the best outcome possible. You are truly miracle workers!!!
The discharge went really smoothly. We are old pros at it considering we just did this a few weeks ago with Kennedy. I was able to hold it all together with no tears this time…UNTIL…one of the primary nurses, Eva, said to me, “Thank you for giving us the privilege of taking care of your girls.” That was it…the waterworks were turned on. What she said was just so thoughtful. Here I was so thankful for them and at the same time they were thanking us for the opportunity to help. I will definitely miss the primary staff that took care of our girls but I would be lying if I said I weren’t so happy that we will not be seeing them on a daily basis. I can’t wait until the NICU reunion next year when we can show them how much growth and development has occurred.
When we got home Kai was just as excited to see Kamryn as she was when Kennedy came home. She sat down next to her and just stared at her. So cute! G-mama took our first family photo. The Jackson 5 all under one roof. It doesn’t get any better than this!
To the NICU Staff,
Though I know most of you will never read this blog I wouldn’t feel right not closing this post thanking all of you. You were able to do for my girls what my body couldn’t. You created a womb and nurtured my girls for the 7 and 9 weeks that they needed to develop before they were ready to come home. You provided everything they needed to survive. Words can never express how truly grateful we are. Thank you for caring so much about our babies and ALWAYS making us feel welcome no matter what time of day or night. Though I hate that any family has to have a NICU experience, I am so happy that you are all there doing what you do 24/7 to make sure that these tiny babies have the best outcome possible. You are truly miracle workers!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment