Kamryn chillin'
Kennedy giving mommy's hand a squeeze before we left.
You would think that after 39 days of laying in this hospital bed I would be running out of here before the ink was even dry on the discharge papers. I want to be home so badly with Kai and Lamarr yet I want to be here with the girls. Lamarr and I went down to the NICU for about an hour before I officially left the hospital today. I was ok while we were there with the girls but had a total break down in the car. It is the most unnatural feeling in the world to give birth and leave the hospital without your babies. I know they are in the best place possible but still that doesn't give me enough comfort to want to leave them. The NICU staff is amazing and really helped to assure me that going home and getting well is the absolute best thing I can do with the girls. I know this in my head but can't seem to communicate that to my heart. Even though I can't hold them I want to sit there and stare at them 24/7. I can't wait to get back here on Friday to see them.
Lamarr got me settled in and then went to pick up Kai. She is so happy to have me home. I couldn't move much so she just climbed on the couch with me and cuddled. Wow, it feels good to be home!!! I am going to try not to call the NICU every 20 minutes even though I want to. I know the nurses are very busy taking care of our miracles.

No comments:
Post a Comment