Saturday, May 30, 2009

Month 3 in review


A little tummy time!


Hanging out in our bouncers.

Our house is starting to look more and more like a daycare center lol!

We love our baby dolls!

Who needs a mirror when you are an identical twin?

Wow, month 3 went by so quickly....probably because Lamarr and I are pretty much in a sleep deprived state most of the time lol!!! The girls are changing so much from day to day. May 20th we saw Kamryn's first real (non-gas lol!) SMILE! All of a sudden she was reacting to us with a huge gummy grin. Heart melting! Little sister was right behind her with her first real smile on the 21st. The girls also started cooing this month. I love to lay next to them and just listen, I think they are talking to eachother...or to the ceiling fan. They LOVE the ceiling fan. On May 21sr Kennedy totally suprised herself by flipping from tummy to back. The look of shock on her face was priceless. I wish I would have had the video camera ready. I guess she wanted to beat her sister on this one. Kamryn started flipping over the morning of the 23rd. She can't let her little sister show off lol!

Our super poopers are back! (My girls are going to be so upset that I wrote about their bowel movements when they are reading this as teenagers lol!). This is a big deal for us though and something we have been asking you all to pray about. We have gotton over the grunting and constipation due to all of the iron intake. This means their bodies are absorbing and using the iron better and their little muscles are getting stonger. Woohoo! Watch out though...these girls can clear a room with the odor!

Our newest struggle is finding bottles/nipples that will work for the girls. The girls will only drink from the nipples that were used in the NICU. The NICU nurses were so nice, they loaded me up with TONS of these special nipples so I would have enough to get us through until we could transition. Well...the girls have been home over 2 months and they refuse to use anything else. My girls know what they want when they want it lol!!! I have bought 6 different kinds of bottles/nipples so far....no luck!

Kai continues to be an AWESOME big sister. She is so helpful and loves to hold, kiss and hug the babies. She says she is ready for the girls to get bigger so that she can play with them. We'll see how that all works out when they are drooling all over her toys lol!

Thanks so much for the continued prayer! We know we would not have made it this far without all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment